During the Coronavirus crisis, the Hall Hunger Initiative will be providing updates and resources on efforts to help the hungry in our community. If you have the information we should share, please send it to Mark Willis at email@example.com. Please forward the resources below to anyone who may need the information and remember to check our Facebook page and sign up below for our Newsletter and Volunteer Opportunities.
- Call 211 United Way of Greater Dayton Helpline or click here for more assistance
- Dayton Foodbank: is the largest food resource in the Dayton area. Call 937 949 4096 for information on free food.page (Google “the Foodbank Inc”)
- Coronavirus Updates from House of Bread: OPEN and serving lunch starting at 11 am.
- Visit Meals on Wheels for senior meal delivery services. Must be 60+ years of age to apply
- AuntBertha.com – An on-line listing of resources. Type in your zip code, you can choose from information about services related to food, housing, health and more
- COVID-19: Response Fund for Greater Dayton Area to Help Meet Basic Human Needs
- Catholic Social Services: normally serves clients once every 30 days but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, they are now serving people once per week with a prepacked box of food. For more information call (937) 223-7217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19: unemployment application
- Dayton RTA: Remember that RTA is here for you in case you need a ride to work, the grocery, the pharmacy, or a medical appointment during this pandemic. Call (937) 425-8300 for more information.
School Meal Distribution
- Dayton Public Schools – Providing students with food on Wednesdays. They also need volunteers! Gloves and masks will be provided. Thanks for your help!
- Beavercreek City Schools– Feed the Creek will provide meals to all students within three locations. Call 937-626-7705 to make arrangements
- Kettering City Schools – Grab-and-go meals can be picked up daily between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at five of the district’s school buildings. Available for ANY Kettering child 18-years-old and younger
- Miamisburg City Schools- Food distribution will be weekly on Wednesdays during the school closure at the following locations from 4 PM-6 PM. call: 937.866.3381 for more info
- Trotwood Schools– Providing lunches while schools are closed. Call 937 854-3050 If you have any questions/concerns
- Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County or call 937-225-6217 to learn more facts about COVID- 19 from local experts. Rumor Control Line hours have changed to Monday-Friday 8 am-6 pm and Saturdays 10 am-4 pm.
- COVID-19: Good Neighbor House Updates
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- COVID-19: List of Downtown Businesses & other Restaurant that remain Open
- SNAP/CASH ASSISTANCE: State Extends Deadlines for Public Assistance Customers.
- Montgomery County: Resources Offered for Service Access in Pandemic
- Big News About SNAP: The biggest change is that SNAP recipients can now use their EBT card to pay for curbside pickup at participating grocery stores.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief: What you need to know about the Economic Impact Payment.
- COVID-19: Gov. DeWine extends Ohio’s Stay-at-Home order until May 1.
- COVID-19: immigrant eligibility for public programs/benefits
- Kettering Health Network: is accepting donations of the following supplies: N-95 masks, surgical masks, procedural masks, medical goggles & glasses, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, gloves, and medical gowns, etc…
- Premier Health: is looking for people who have recovered from coronavirus to donate plasma. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- Access to Excess: they are food rescuers! They will safely pick-up any wholesome food that wants to be donated and find the appropriate organization to distribute it! Email Jen Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question/concern.
- Focus on the underserved: United Way of Greater Dayton is working to assist the underserved population within our community. Learn how you can help by texting FOCUS to 30306.
- Declare Dayton: Please help your neighbors who are affected by COVID-19. Click HERE to support the effort. Thank you!
Resource Guides In Spanish
- www.somosdayton.com NEW!! Spanish Language Resource Guide with information about food, public services, updates from the governor, Immigration Updates, and more. English Version is also available HERE.