Be An Americorps Vista
The Hall Hunger Initiative was founded in 2015 by former Congressman and Ambassador Tony Hall to help engage diverse institutions and organizations to create a sustainable and just food system to end hunger in the Greater Dayton Area and Montgomery County. The Hall Hunger Initiative supports multi-sector coalitions in our community that are committed to ending hunger. These coalitions range from small entities to major organizations such as the Dayton Food Equity Coalition etc.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA at HHI, your goal is to increase community food security through strong and sustainable Hunger-Free Community projects. For instance, work with coalition stakeholders to evaluate Hunger-Free Community progress against Hunger-Free Community model, engage in a process with stakeholders to updates or create a common agenda, and plan to end hunger. Ensure stakeholders engagement and multi-sector coordination to address food security issues and barriers such as planning mutually reinforcing activities, recommending the elimination of duplicative efforts and program gaps, building community engagement & empowerment among low-income residents.
VISTAs’ Responsibilities/Tasks include:
• Analyze the implementation of shared measurement systems
• Create a coalition-wide communication plan
• Develop marketing strategies to demonstrate the value and the reach of the HFC initiative
• Establish system for institutionalizing practices and procedures as needed
• Secure resources for the HFC initiative through recruiting new donors and volunteers
• Public speaking regarding Racial Wealth Gap Simulation and others
• Attend community meetings and conferences
• Help with Newsletter and social media (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram)
Being an AmeriCorps VISTA at Hall Hunger Initiative is a great stepping stone for a future career. The Hall Hunger Initiative provides VISTA members with valuable leadership and project management skills. VISTA members will also gain professional experience and build skills as they learn, experiment, and adapt to a new environment while delivering outcomes.
• Gain professional development
• Quality Education Award (Segal Award)
• Improve your professional network
• Opportunities for professional development
• Explore a new city with new friends
Contact Mark Willis at email@example.com for more information